Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Overview of travels and encounters with Latin culture

Since I last posted in March 2015, it has been a whirlwind year in many respects. I am finally getting myself in a position to resume writing here. I hope to become more consistent in my writing from now on, but in between posts you can also visit my Facebook page Mike Esposito's Travel Blog or my Twitter account @meesposito for photos and quick tidbits of information.

On the Facebook page I'll also include trips that are not within the realm of Latin America and the Caribbean, and in particular those that can easily be done from my home town of Philadelphia. (I especially enjoy going to Lancaster County and visiting the Amish.) Here is a quick photo summary of trips I've made recently, along with some encounters with Latin culture closer to home.

Crafts store in Tenza, Colombia

One of the many Nativity scenes on display in Colombia


Aztec dancers at Mexican Independence Day Festival in Philadelphia


Mexican mariachi at Cinco de Mayo Festival in Kennett Square, PA

One of the many unique decorative touches you will find at Andrés Carne de Res Restaurant in Chía, Colombia



No comments: